CDS Connect is a service provided to CDS members as an online medium to ask questions and share knowledge within the professional community. Opinions and views expressed within the communities are solely those of the author and do not represent CDS.
- Use the listserves to share knowledge, build your reputation as an expert, and help fellow AM.Net users.
- Include your name and affiliation in postings.
- Be polite and respectful in your posts and replies.
- Keep it clean (i.e., no profanity or obscenity).
- Give credit where credit is due by citing your sources.
- Search before posting a question, as your question may have been answered already.
- Report illegal or inappropriate postings you find within a community to email@example.com.
- Post defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials - don't post anything you don't want the public to see.
- Post unnecessary messages to the whole group; instead, send appreciative notes directly to the sender rather than posting to the whole group.
- Use Connect to send angry, critical, sarcastic, or emotionally charged messages.
- Create new forums as requested when there is sufficient interest by members.
- Monitor forum postings and respond to user complaints about specific postings.
- Remove a posting if it violates the code of conduct.
- Remove a member from a forum who continues to violate the code of conduct after receiving a warning.
- Occasionally display, copy, publish, and distribute information posted within the forums for the purposes of marketing and encouraging member usage.
- Edit postings.
- Pay for postings to CDS Connect.
- Review postings for technical accuracy.
If you have questions, suggestions, or problems using CDS Connect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org